Today I made a wonderful trip to Yorleni's house!
We caught the 11:45am bus to Palamares and arrived at her house a little after 12:30pm.
When we arrived her Mom welcomed me in and immediately fed us lunch. We had beans, rice, and a sweet tuna (mixed with peas and a red sauce). With the meal we drank a delicious pineapple refresco! While we ate, Yorleni and I chatted - her in English and I in Spanish. I can feel that my speech is improving and it is a fun challenge to use only Spanish when communicating. I also tested my skills by trying to make conversation with Yorleni's parents (who are soooooo sweet). After lunch Yorleni showed me the house and yard. They have orange, tangarine, mandarine, limón, maracuya (passion fruit), banana, papaya, and mango trees on their property!
Yorleni and I then walked around Candalaria and visited the school, church, and river.
We returned back to the house when we feared it would rain and spent the rest of the afternoon studying and correcting some of Yorleni's English compositions.
On the way back to Palamares, Yorleni and I passed a fruits and veggies stand. I pointed out the huge, tasty-looking avocados and she responded that her mother LOVES them. That "if she could just eat them everyday she would be happy." Yorleni showed me to the bus that would return to San Ramon and we said our goodbyes. Right before I hopped up the steps I handed her some money and told her to buy a bag of aguacates on the way home. She smiled and told me "God Bless"!
Later Yorleni sent me these texts: "My parents say that you are very nice and kind. My mom is very happy with your present ;) Thanks a lot...God bless you!" and "My parents said that when you want you can come to our house. =) You always are going to be welcome here for us. =)"
What a fun day! I'm so glad I have a new friend.
About Me
- Hannah
- Hannah Fugle
SKYPE: hannahfugle
EMAIL: hfugle@calpoly.edu
Search This Blog
Followers
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by WordPress
©
Pura Vida - Designed by Matt, Blogger templates by Blog and Web.
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by Blogger.
0 comments: