Yesterday afternoon, Ellie, Lindsay, and I made a traditional sweetened cornbread with Ellie's host mom. It was really fun because she was jolly and delighted to have us in the kitchen. She speaks no Spanish, so we had a great time bouncing off each other and communicating with her. =) You can tell she really enjoys having students live with her and is not afraid of the language barrier (which is thinning by the way).
The recipe is as follows:
5 elotes fresco
3 juevos
3 tazas harina
1/2 taza mantequilla
1 taza natilla
1 taza queso
3 cucharaditas "royal"
3/4 taza azúcar
1. Mezcla los elotes en una licuadora.
2. Bate los jueves hasta que están espumosa.
3. Añade la mantequilla y batir a veces.
4. Añade la harina, maize, natilla, queso, "royal", y azúcar.
5. Bate todos los ingredientes.
6. Mantequilla y enharinar un Pyrex.
7. Añade la masa.
8. Hornea para 45 minutos.
*This is pan is wonderfully tasty, but Ellie, Lindsay, and I talked about how d-e-l-c-i-o-u-s it would be with a maple butter or drizzle.
When we were almost finished up with the bread, I picked up and smelled a pineapple who's deliciously sweet aroma that had been filling the kitchen the entire time we were cooking. Nena (Ellie's host mom) excitedly looked at me and asked, "¿Quiere?". Haha! I was like, "No necesito, pero me encanta piña." At that she immediately grabbed a cutting board and within minutes served us one of the sweetest pineapples I have ever consumed. YUM.
About Me
- Hannah
- Hannah Fugle
SKYPE: hannahfugle
EMAIL: hfugle@calpoly.edu
Search This Blog
Followers
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by WordPress
©
Pura Vida - Designed by Matt, Blogger templates by Blog and Web.
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by Blogger.
0 comments: