Tasty Table Conversation.

I just got back from dinner. Monse, Fede, Amanda, Ignacio, and I were invited to the home of one of the family's in the church. It is such a pleasure to be welcomed into my family's world...to take part in their activities and be loved on by their friends.
The evening was fun, but exhausting - it requires so much focus for me to track conversation. Haha!
For dinner we had beans and rice (of course), pork, mash potatoes, and a vinegar-based spicy vegetable dish. We drank pineapple refresco (seems I am on a pineapple streak. Hah!) and for desert we had a tasty homemade rice pudding. =)
After we were done eating, Amanda and Ignacio ran into another room to watch TV. The couple, Monse, Fede, and I were left at the table. At this time, the conversation switch to spiritual things - the character of God, the idea of "inner-healing" (which is apparently commonly believed in here in Costa Rica), and stories of the bible (the woman caught in adultery who is offered grace and made new simply by the word of the Lord and the man with leprosy who comes and kneels before the Lord saying, "if you are willing, you can make me clean.").

When we got in the car to leave, Fede thanked me for coming with them. He said, "we know it is boring and tiring" for you. I laughed and responded, "Not boring, just tiring!", but thanked them for inviting me! I love the chance to be a part of the family and the life they have here in San Ramón.
When we had returned to the house, Monse came to me and thanked me as well for being a part of the evening. I really have yet to figure out why I'm the one to be thanked! Hahaha!

Once again, God provides and shines his face upon me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment