This place is beautiful!
The country is beautiful. The people are beautiful. The food is beautiful. What an honor and joy it will be to spend my next four months here!
I have spent only 26 hours in this country and I feel that already so much has happened.
After 18 hours of travel I am here alive, but exhausted. I arrived in San Ramon about 8pm last night. I had dinner with my host family and was able to talk and have real and deep conversation with both my host father and mother. They have made it clear they want me to be happy, safe, and comfortable while here in San Ramon. I know now that they are not doing this for the money, but instead for the chance to minister to and bless students like myself.
The children of my family are...adorable! Amanda keeps hovering and watching me. Its so sweet. You can tell she is very excited about my being here. And Ignacio, the little tiger, is full of energy. He loooves the gift I brought him and, well, any chance he has to climb all over me. =D
This family is my family. The father told me, "Be a part of the story here."
Today was a full day.
I woke late (Wow, did I need the sleep! Haha!) and had brunch with Monse (my host mom), Ignacio, Amanda, and the family maid. We had typical tico (Costa Rican) breakfast foods - gallo pinto, eggs, homemade tortillas, and fruit. My host mother and the kids then walked me to the university (which is conveniently only like 4 blocks away from my house) where I received a tour of campus and finalized my class schedule. I will be taking:
MON
1-4 Spanish
4:30-6:30 Cuisines of Latin America
TUES
8-11 Tropical Ecology
1-4 Spanish
WED
5-7 Dances of Latin America
THURS
1-4 Spanish
FRI
9-12 Natural History of Mesoamerica
Part way through the orientation we stopped for coffee and cookies. This was my first taste of Costa Rican coffee and it was delicious. No need for cream or sugar. Straight black, smooth, and divine. =D
After finishing up on campus my fellow students and the three program directors ate dinner at a small restaurant in town. I had a vegetarian chalupa (sorry there is no picture for all you food lovers out there). Let me just say, I will not mind eating like this for four months. Haha! Yum yum!
I ended the day with family and am now, once again, exhausted.
Tomorrow is a new day!
Church in the morning and then...
Excited to see what God has in store for me,
Hannah
About Me
- Hannah
- Hannah Fugle
SKYPE: hannahfugle
EMAIL: hfugle@calpoly.edu
Search This Blog
Followers
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by WordPress
©
Pura Vida - Designed by Matt, Blogger templates by Blog and Web.
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by Blogger.
Brenda | August 21, 2011 at 9:23 AM
Thanks for the update. You sound great. So nice for a mom to hear. The food sounds great. So nice for a mom to hear. Your family sounds great. The best news yet! And that you are looking for God's goodness. You will indeed find Him. Hallejulah! Mom