This morning Lindsay, Ellie, and I met up at the local open air market to buy flowers for flower arranging. We each picked out two bouquets of flowers and then purchased babies breath and leatherleaf to share. As we walked the market with handfuls of flowers, I also grabbed some papayas and avocados. I LOVE the Friday-Saturday market. It makes my heart happy just to be there. =) Once we had all we needed, we walked to my house to get started. We placed the flowers in water and began soaking our floral foam. While it sat, we made guacamole, we walked to the market by my house to buy tortilla chips, and purchased a few goodies from the panaderia (bakery) just a block away.
By the time we returned it was just about time to get started.
We worked at a leisurely pace for the next few hours, taking a break to munch on our guacamole and chips and to eat fresh papaya and bananas. It was a lovely afternoon, and for a sick kid, at just the right speed. Hah! =)
My bouquet was designed with Monse in mind. I think her favorite colors are red and blue, so I went with this rich red in hopes that it would make her smile and feel special. =D
About Me
- Hannah
- Hannah Fugle
SKYPE: hannahfugle
EMAIL: hfugle@calpoly.edu
Search This Blog
Followers
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by WordPress
©
Pura Vida - Designed by Matt, Blogger templates by Blog and Web.
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by Blogger.
0 comments: