Carara National Park, Skype, Bingo, and a Birthday Bash

Today started off a little bit rough. Hiking through the jungle is much less enjoyable when you have a sprained (possibly broken) toe and are sweating buckets. My field trip today was to Carara National Park in Puntarenas Province. The park was beautiful and the drive was amazing, but by the end of the day I was completely exhausted.
We travelled from San Ramón toward Puntarenas and then headed south along the coast line. Along the way we stopped to see crocodiles that live under the bridge of one particular overpass.

We arrived to the park a little after 10am and traversed the parks many trails for about 3 hours. Along the way we spotted several birds, lizards, fungi, and plants I had not yet seen before which was quite cool! We also spotted Coatis and an Agooti! =)

We returned home from the trip at 3:30 in the afternoon and I was sore, tired, and had a headache. It was at this moment that I received a text from my Daddy asking to Skype...=) This is when things really started looking up. After a well needed shower I talked with my Dad for about an hour - it was a much need chance to catch up, be loved on, and return to a grounded state. I love him and the solid force he is in my life.

After this, I called Fede and Monse. They were at a family birthday party and wanted me to join. =) As I arrived at the party I was grabbed and seated before a bingo sheet. Game time! Haha! We played several rounds of bingo and then broke for ice cream, a piñata, and cake. As I sat there, made small talk, and took in the scene and conversations I was reminded of my first weekend here in San Ramón and the party we had attended. At that time I had been in complete and udder shock and my Spanish gears were just getting turning again. I remember being uncomfortable and exhausted. Now, although tired, I felt comfortable and enjoyed the many conversations and little bits of chaos that filled the yard. So cool how far God has brought me. =)

My night is ending with roasted chicken, warm tea, giggles with Ignacio and Monse, candies from the piñata, and a bit of homework. Smiles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment