Halloween?

Yesterday did not feel like Halloween. I went through almost my entire day not realizing it was even a holiday. Then it would hit me, "It's Halloween!". Haha!

For the evening, five girls from my program and I went to Pops (probably the best ice cream place in San Ramón) and treated ourselves to triple scoop cones! Yep, you read that right! Haha! We figured we weren't going to be consuming any candy so we would just make up for it in ice cream...LOl! I order Chocolate Dynamite, Coconut, and Vanilla-Chocolate Swirl. Wow did it taste good!
Every Monday night in the town's central park young people gather to play music, jump rope, hoola-hoop, and hang out.
So, delighted with our dessert we walked across the street to the park and sat down for a mini jam session. One of the girls in my program, Maddy, brought her guitar from the states and so we all huddled around and sang and giggled. Within about 10 minutes we were approached by a few guys asking if they could join us. One had a guitar and so we bounced back and forth singing and playing. The group slowly grew such that at one point I think it was a group of about 18 of us. It was great fun and I had an overwhelming sense of belonging. San Ramón is such a neat little town.

The night ended at about 10 pm and we all walked home happy - certainly not your typical Halloween. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment