Trapped and Then Freed

The last three days have been extremely rainy and surprisingly cold, as well. I have thoroughly enjoyed the temporary "fall weather" and the warm tea and food that goes with it, but the rain has also driven me inside, which makes me tired, lazy, and slow.
This afternoon, I needed out of the house and volleyball was cancelled, so I decided to go on a run. It was a wonderful chance to be in the Lord's presence and break away from the routine of a lazy day in the house. I ran my best pace and most energetic three miles since being here. It felt so good!! The misty rain and thundering clouds were a gorgeous backdrop and my body surged with joy and a sense of liberation.
Just as I finished my workout, the rain began falling just a little faster, and then a little faster...
I am now at home - showered, warm, and smelling the delicious aromas of a crockpot (olla de cocimiento lento) meal.

Hmmm...

0 comments:

Post a Comment