The Blessing of Blessing

I just received a care package in the mail from my Mama. =)
What a treat! I got all the two Halloween necessities - festive socks and candy corn! Hahaha! I am now currently sitting on my bed making myself sick. The stupidest thing is that for 21 years I have not been able to decide if I even like candy corn. Lol!
Anywho, the best thing in my box was not the gifts, but the card I got from my Mom. She is such a wonderful and strong woman who writes openly about her heart, faith, and love and support for me. I could never be more blessed. =)
In addition to writing me, my mom included a card for my host family as well. I do not know what she said, but upon reading it my host father became very quiet before calling me over for a huge hug! He talked about their past experiences with students and reasons for hosting and then, after being interrupted by Ignacio and momentarily losing his train of thought, said that I was such a blessing. I hugged him back really hard and said, "I'm sure not as much of a blessing as you guys are to me."
Oh the gift of blessing and being blessed. =)

Ooooop, so I guess I wasn't done with this post yet...
My host mother just came into my room and said with great emotion how thankful she was for the card. She said to please pass along the thank you to my mom and stated what a blessing it has been to have me here. She have me a good squeeze and when we pulled away we mutually had a little glisten of tears in our eyes. No words were spoken, but it was mutual and nothing more need be said. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment