Okay, so you know those amazing stories you hear of God's provision over churches and missions abroad. Well...I think today I got to witness and become a part of God's plan for a small Costa Rican church.
According to Costa Rican etiquette, it is respectful to present gifts to any family you will be staying with for an extended period of time. Seeing as my host father said specifically (in the previous email) not to bring gifts, yet I still had a desire to bring something to bless him, I was stumped. My Mom prayed about it and came up with the idea of gifting several bibles to him and the church he pastors. I thought this was a great idea! So, this morning, I stopped into our local christian bookstore to pick out a few Spanish bibles. With my criteria for size and language, it was quite slim pickings. My Mom decided to go to the counter and ask if they had any additional copies in the back... She returned asking if I wanted 40 for free!!! Apparently, as a business, the store had been raising support for a missions trip that would be traveling and taking bibles abroad. However, because the donations were so generous they ended up with way "too many" bibles.
The woman informed us that she was delighted to give them to us and that just this morning she had been praying about God's plan and purpose for the extra copies. At that moment I was, yet again, awe-struck and left marveling at God's hand over this whole experience.
Check it out!
And, as if that's not cool enough, I was then confronted by a man checking out who said he would take any of the bibles I did not care to take with me. It turns out he is the pastor of a local Spanish church! The clerk exclaimed, "No, don't take hers, do you want boxes?" She had not one extra box of 40, but more than 150 bibles to give away! This man purchased one piece of literature at the register and walked out of the store with 81 books.
Wow.
Awe-struck (again),
Hannah
About Me
- Hannah
- Hannah Fugle
SKYPE: hannahfugle
EMAIL: hfugle@calpoly.edu
Search This Blog
Followers
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by WordPress
©
Pura Vida - Designed by Matt, Blogger templates by Blog and Web.
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by Blogger.
Joshua Kessler | August 15, 2011 at 10:43 PM
That is ridiculously crazy! It is amazing how much God can just blow us away so unexpectedly. God has repeatedly shown you that you have no reason to not trust Him on this trip with absolutely everything, so just sit back and be amazed by the work He has set out to do! Excited for you!
Brenda | August 16, 2011 at 12:16 PM
Okay, lets see if I can do this....
I love you so much. And I can only let you go because I can see God is and will be holding you.
Love Mama
Mary Mohler | August 19, 2011 at 9:50 AM
AH! God is SO good :)