Today I made another day trip with Yorleni. =)
We took the bus to Palmares and passed the afternoon there. First she took me to her favorite restaurant - where they serve typical food and all the locals flock around lunch time. The food was tasty and we sat at a beautiful table by the door where we were cooled by a constant, fresh breeze. =)
After lunch we walked around town. I received a tour of the high school's sports complex (Yorleni is so cute about what she shows me and tells me...I just go along for the ride and love her desire to share her world with me). We also walked by the church, the park, and the central market. After some time we settled ourselves at the public library so I could help Yorleni with some of her school work. She was so thankful for my willingness to help and delighted at my comments that her English was improving. =) While we were seated at the table in the library Yorleni also shared some sad and personal information with me about her childhood and home experience. She said her father used to mistreat her mother. She pointed to a picture of a little girl on the wall (posted as part of a campaign against violence and abuse) that was coward in the corner, crying and covering her ears. She said something to the effect of, "That was like my childhood". I could hardly believe it! She then quickly told me that things had since improved. I was glad to hear, but my heart still hurt for her and the experiences she had to endure. The sorrow turned toward gladness though when I realized the depth of her trust in me and her desire to be open. I can't believe that I have had the opportunity to get to know Yorleni and love on her as I know she longs to be loved. What a gift and joy. To be blessed while you bless. =) Amazing concept. Amazing God.
We ended the day buying ice cream and huddling under an overhanging - talking and watching the rain fall.
Another blessed day. =)
About Me
- Hannah
- Hannah Fugle
SKYPE: hannahfugle
EMAIL: hfugle@calpoly.edu
Search This Blog
Followers
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by WordPress
©
Pura Vida - Designed by Matt, Blogger templates by Blog and Web.
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by Blogger.
0 comments: