Ignacio's Surprise Birthday Party

As mentioned before, I arrived home about 3:30 in the afternoon. I walked through the door (SO happy to be home) and was greeted by Amanda, Ignacio, Tita Coni (Fede's mother, who has been living with us for the past two months) and some extended family from Fede's side (who I had met for the first time a few weeks ago).
After a warm welcome I went into my room, dropped my stuff, unpacked real quick, and then joined them in the front room to relax.
The party didn't start until close to 5pm. It was a fun gathering with not too many people and a total of only six children. It was clear that those that were invited, besides family, were the closest friends from the church. =) This was neat for me because these are the individuals I have gotten to know quite well and who I know mean soooooo much to Monse and Fede.
One thing I really like about kids birthday parties here (now that I've been to three I know it is pretty standard) is that all the parents and family stay for the entire time. In this way the it seems that the party becomes a gathering of support and love for the child. The parents enjoy the desserts, coffee, and conversation while the kids play with toys, dance, and eat way to much sugar. Hah! But somehow is beautiful - I guess in a way it really captures the idea of community.
By the end of the party Ignacio was one seriously happy kid. Aside from all the cake and ice cream and love, he got a cool ball, a stuffed animal, a car (with interchangeable wheels), and a small transformers toy. He also loved my present, which was a set of Transformers pajamas! The shirt glows in the dark and depicts Bumblebee lunging out as if ready to attack. Once he put it on Monse kept saying, "Wow, que chiva!" (this just means "How cool!") Ignacio was stoked and he looked SOOO cute, oh my gosh, with his little legs poking out of the pants with sinchy bottoms. He even wore the set to bed - making me quite happy. =)
Before heading to bed though, he gave me lots of kisses and hugs and drove his car all over my arms and head. Haha! I'm going to miss that little senor. ;)





0 comments:

Post a Comment