The Faithfulness of The Lord

Conversation was had.
Monse came into my room this morning and said to me, in Spanish, "Okay, we are only going to speak Spanish to you." As she drew in for hug she said, "Thank you for the card" and began choking up. We both fought tears and when she pulled away we both smiled. She said, Okay, I'm going to speak in English just right now because you need it." She explained that her and Fede were so thankful that I was honest with them and shared the letter. They felt sorry that they had limited my chance to learn Spanish and not accomplish the goal I had set at the beginning of the trip. I quickly responded that this once not at all my intention for the letter. I simply felt it was only fair for me to share my heart and emotions with them after they had sacrificed and loved on me so selflessly. It felt good. There were a lot of emotions and thus I cried a bit, but the honesty and vulnerability was only me being real - and that in its self felt good.
Next, Fede came in with huge open arms. He gave me a kiss and held me tight in one of those "daddy" hugs. You know. =) He said into my ear, "I love you...okay these are going to be my last words in English". Haha! I do love that man.

"So afraid but you don't have to be afraid
Even if you make mistakes
You know that I remain."
-Brandon Heath

Please be praying for me as I challenge myself and try to step out and speak more Spanish. Pray that I would find courage and excitement. It may be a hard few weeks, but it is going to be worth it and I am trusting, with all that I am, that God will continue to be faithful.

Looking up in awe,
Hannah

0 comments:

Post a Comment