I just got back from Jaco (pronounced Haco, but called Haaaaa-co by some of us silly kids).
The trip was an absolute blast! We left Friday afternoon (all 13 of us classmates!!) at 2:30pm. We traveled by bus to Puntarenas and then to Jaco.
We arrived at about 7pm and were all starving. After checking into our hotel we walked to a taco place near by and devoured our meals. The food was really tasty - most of us order fresh fish tacos and a salad bar. We all sat around a bar and on one side the chairs were swings! Very fun. =D
Today we woke up, ate fruit for breakfast, and then hit the beach.
As soon as we reached the sand and dropped our stuff we all booked it for the water. The waves were warm and felt so good. The rest of the day we spent in and out of the water - it wouldn't take long in the hot, humid air before you'd be ready to jump in again. Throughout the day we also played volleyball, juggled the soccerball, surfed, and puttered around the beach front shops.
For lunch my friend Ellie and I did not want to pay the high prices found at most of the "Americanized" restaurants so we wandered through town until we found a small "soda" (or local cuisine cafe). We each ordered a typical "casado" plate, which consists of common Costa Rican foods and a protein. I of course ordered fish...I wanted to get in as much fresh seafood as I could while we were in close proximity to the coast. =)
After a fun filled day under the sun, I was exhausted. Five of us caught the 4:30pm bus out of Jaco and made it home by 9.
I am happy, toasty, and tired.
Bed is calling my name. =)
Goodnight world.
About Me
- Hannah
- Hannah Fugle
SKYPE: hannahfugle
EMAIL: hfugle@calpoly.edu
Search This Blog
Followers
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by WordPress
©
Pura Vida - Designed by Matt, Blogger templates by Blog and Web.
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by Blogger.



0 comments: