No Pictures Needed

Tonight I have no pictures, but pictures are not necessary for telling the real story of today.

I just got back from an evening with Lindsay, a girl in my program. Lindsay and I have spent limited time together, but the time I have been in her presence I have found her gentle, kind, and delightful. I have desired to get to know her, but not found the means to tell her or to do so. Tonight that changed.
This last week has required lots of adjustment and "figuring". Part of this process has been negotiating nighttime activities. Many of the students in my program have desired to party or go out to the bars every night. Although I am fine with tagging along and love the chance to hang out with everyone, it is not my desire to do this every night. I learned that Lindsay had sensed this and found great comfort in knowing that she was not alone.
This afternoon I got a text from her asking if she could come with me to the Dia de San Ramon festivities. I had not planned on going, but jumped at the opportunity to spend time with her and the see to what God might do with my evening. On the way to the park she spoke openly about her distaste for drinking every single night and the strong desire to spend time with me and Ellie, another girl in my program. I finally vocalized my longing to get to know her and grabbed her arm with excitement as I told her about the blessing it was to hear her reciprocate my emotions regarding the situation and our friendship. The rest of the evening was comfortable and fun. After eating dinner, enjoying double scoop ice cream cones, visiting the animals, listening to live music, and strolling through the vendor booths, we called it a night.
Sadly, in terms of walking, Lindsay and I live quite far from one another. Because it is unsafe for a female (especially a gringa!) to walk alone at night, I walked home with her and then took a cab back to my house. The charge was only 580 colones (aka. $1.15)! I texted her as soon as I got home and said, "Home safe. Only 580. =) I'll pay a buck to hang out with you any day!".

Praise God for his provision over me! He continues to amaze me with his great love and blessings unending.

0 comments:

Post a Comment