Last night was a neat breakthrough.
When I got home in the late afternoon, my host mother called me into her room and told me she had a terrible migraine. I told her I was sorry and glad she was taking the time to rest, but within an hour or so she was up preparing dinner. It has been weird being served and not being a part of preparing the meal or setting the table and last night I was particularly dying to help because I knew she was in a lot of pain. So I walked into the kitchen and asked if I could assist her with anything. She asked me to set the table, which I gladly did. =)
Towards the end of dinner, Fede gave my host mom a pain pill and within fifteen or twenty minutes she was spacey and sleepy. I told her I was happy to clean up so with a "goodnight" she headed off to bed and left the messy table for me. Awww...it felt so good to finally do something for her - to help! I am part of the family. =)
About Me
- Hannah
- Hannah Fugle
SKYPE: hannahfugle
EMAIL: hfugle@calpoly.edu
Search This Blog
Followers
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by WordPress
©
Pura Vida - Designed by Matt, Blogger templates by Blog and Web.
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by Blogger.
Brenda | August 24, 2011 at 12:21 PM
Makes me cry. You will be such a blessing to her!! And obviously they will be to you. God alone could set these relationships in place.